We’ve had some cooler weather, the mornings are darker and it’s too nippy to leave the doors open. Daylight savings ends in a few short weeks. So, it’s time to do my 2018 Signature Wardrobe Summer Update.
My 2018 Summer plan was for a basic 8 outfit wardrobe:
For my $750 budget, my planned purchases were:
- The four shirts I commissioned the dressmaker to make for winter 2018, $500
- Track pants, $200
- Skirt, repurpose existing
2018 Signature Wardrobe Summer Update
So I had a plan, but I didn’t really follow it.
To start with, I didn’t do anything about skirts or swimsuits. Maybe next year.
I did buy two pairs of black track pants for $130, but I don’t like them. I saved my indecent ones from last year, so I might ask my genius dressmaker to make me some more the same.
I bought some jewellery.
Leaving aside the compression tights I had to buy (because they were medical expenses), I came in under budget. Though still over budget for 2018.
But I did notice some interesting things about my wardrobe this year:
- In terms of working from home, and housework, my blue dress is the best – a little fitted, short sleeves and a good length. The yellow is too long and the skirt too full.
- The yellow dress is better for errands and casual events like brunch, because of the things that make it bad for work. Though I think it might be better in a thicker fabric and with longer sleeves
- The new shirts are a good weight for Winter, but perhaps a little too heavy for Summer.
- Lovely as the new shirts are, I still default to my red tunic.
It’s just a couple of insights, but I feel like I learned a lot about my style this season. Mostly headology.
- Fitted clothes make me feel more efficient and effective.
- Looser clothes make me more relaxed.
- Once I’ve got my compression tights on, I feel ready for whatever the day throws at me.
So, if I want to get stuff done fitted is the way to go.
The compression tights are a bit weirder and take a bit more thought. It’s
And maybe, I should just stop worrying about it and buy another red tunic.
How did your Summer Wardrobe shape up?
signature wardrobe planning
Buying clothes seems easy, but getting matching ones that fit you and your lifestyle and share washing instructions is more difficult.
Signature Wardrobe Planning shares a plan for buying the right clothes at the right price for the right life. So you always have something to wear that makes you look and feel confident.
Discover the four-step system for developing your wardrobe plan. Buy now:
For signed copies and bulk orders, please contact email@example.com.